603 S Division St
Lavaca, AR 72941
Phone: (479) 452-8800
Mon – Thurs: By Appointment
- Cleanings and exams
- Fluoride treatments and sealants
- General dentistry
Are you concerned that you or your child are not receiving proper dental care? Dr. Peyton Aven and his experienced team provide family dentistry services for both children and adults at our Lavaca, AR, office. We are conveniently located in the Lavaca Middle School Wellness Center. To learn more about the treatments we provide here, contact us today.
Our Lavaca Location
Located eight miles east of the I-49 in the Lavaca Middle School Wellness Center, this satellite office provides dental care to students who might not regularly have access to adequate transportation. As part of the school’s Wellness Center, we also are able to treat children during class hours. To reach this location, take the AR-255 east or the AR-96 west and turn on South Division St.
A Focus on Preventive Care
Our qualified staff can take x-rays and perform all general dentistry procedures on-site, including:
- Oral Health Assessment: An improperly balanced or misaligned bite can lead to difficulty chewing and other issues, such as trouble thoroughly cleaning the teeth. By screening early on, our team can recommend an appropriate orthodontic treatment.
- Preventive Care: Fluoride treatments and sealants are effective methods to stave off decay and cavities. Sealants are thin plastic coatings that are painted over the molars, guarding against the buildup of plaque and bacteria. Fluorides can be administered in various forms, such as an in-office mouth rinse.
- Habit Counseling: Implementing proper brushing and flossing techniques can lay the foundation for improved oral health into adulthood. In addition to educating our younger patients on the importance of dental care, we can also discuss important issues like the role diet plays in keeping teeth healthy.
- Fillings and Restoration: When cavities do develop, we offer several treatment options to restore strength to a damaged tooth. Dental fillings are often sufficient to treat small areas of decay. We also offer a range of restorative options, such as crowns, inlays, and onlays, for more extensive damage.
By providing care at this unique location, we strive to ensure that lack of time or transportation does not interfere with your child’s oral healthcare.
Reaching the Student Body
Our Lavaca office places great importance on educating local students on the importance of good oral health through a number of measures. Community health fairs offer an opportunity for our staff to promote the education of dental health and its effect on the body. We also hold class presentations, including a program that is designed especially for kindergarten and first grade students. These events incorporate engaging elements like skits to involve students in demonstrations that highlight the importance of good oral health. Our twice-yearly Cavity-free Day supplements these activities. Lastly, we regularly sponsor school events at the middle school.
Contact Us Today
Laying the groundwork for good oral health as early as possible is essential to a lifetime of healthy smiles. We invite you to contact us today for more information on our family dentistry services.